Business Development Manager – Greater Boston
Adesis, a Universal Display Company (Nasdaq: OLED), is a contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, biotech, specialty chemistry and electronic industries. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities. Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We have an exceptional technical team and pride ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is “Accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions” and our vision is “Innovate for life.” – innovate for our clients, our colleagues, and our legacy.
Adesis offers promising careers where we live our values of innovation, ownership, and integrity.
Adesis, Inc. is seeking a motivated, performance driven B2B sales professional to join our growing sales organization. Successful candidates will have a strong sense of business ownership and preferably Startup experience.
- Prospect for new business using the resources and tools available to reach potential new clients.
- Create and send e-mail campaigns to your targeted customers.
- Schedule sales meetings with decisions makers.
- Deliver sales messages aligned to Adesis product offerings and persuasively close customers.
- Practice your messaging and prepare for sales calls.
- Systematically track your daily KPI’s, ie, cold calls, emails, sales appointments and analyze daily activity to achieve monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
- Schedule onsite customer lab visits. Introduce potential and current customers to the chemistry and manufacturing leaders.
- Conduct business reviews with your regional manager to identify and leverage resources to manage and improve territory opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills to detail territory business trends, forecast future trends and market opportunities.
- Be a business owner and always be improving to exceed expectations.
- Collaborate cross functionally to understand and influence a wide range of stakeholders; collaborate effectively across external customers and internal functional teams and business units to generate strong engagement and passionate advocates; think holistically and understand the impact of one’s own actions on people and other areas of the business; share insights and best practices; communicates effectively.
- Complete administrative duties as required, such as timely submission of reports, etc.
Achieve aggressive growth revenue targets by acquiring new customers and expanding current business. Adesis offers a generous commission structure, so achieving and or exceeding personal revenue goals comes with strong rewards.
- Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
- Teammates and Collaborators. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
- Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
- Strategic closers. Salespeople who close profitable business and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
- Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
- Game changers. Persistent salespeople who will stop at nothing to live out Adesis’ mission, vision and values to serve our customers and support our employees.
- BA/BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or equivalent science-related fields
- 3+ years sales experience in the CRO/CMO, pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
- Strong technical competencies (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, CRMs etc)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence and work successfully with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive spirit; thrives in ambiguity and motivated by building an organization.
- Curiosity to learn, and grit to overcome challenges.
- Able to handle fast pace and high volume of face-to-face interaction
- Confident in handling rejection and persevering in the face of adversity
- Competitive, outgoing, motivated with entrepreneurial and trailblazing mentality
- Ability to learn scientific information and be able to educate other people on it. Delivers new insights to customers and colleagues.
- A proven track record of driving and achieving results
- High level of self-awareness
- 5+ years sales experience in the CRO/CMO, pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
- Start up and launch experience is strongly preferred
- Consistent history of top < 25% sales ranking.