Chemical Material Handler
Adesis, a Universal Display Company (Nasdaq: OLED), is a contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, biotech, specialty chemistry and electronic industries. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities. Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We have an exceptional technical team and pride ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is “Accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions” and our vision is “Innovate for life.” – innovate for our clients, our colleagues, and our legacy.
Adesis offers promising careers where we live our values of innovation, ownership, and integrity.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Operations, the Chemical Material Handler is responsible for a variety of functions involving the movement, management, storage, and disposal of chemicals (both hazardous and non-hazardous). This work supports our chemistry and manufacturing organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wear appropriate safety equipment
- Transport chemical drums to various locations for dispensing and use by personnel
- Fill bottles and safety containers with solvents and reagents for manufacturing and chemistry
- Ensure chemical storage areas and waste transportation carts are clean and orderly
- Removal of waste from laboratories and manufacturing suites (multiple times daily)
- Dispose of hazardous waste
- Managing and rotating inventory of common stock solvents
- Inventory and reporting of solvent volumes to Procurement Department
- Dump waste glass bins in labs daily
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED required
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of related experience in a within a lean manufacturing environment. Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of sound chemical safety practices
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA guidelines
- Self-Starter able to perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Extensive walking inside of buildings and around exterior areas of the sites.
- Climb and descend ladders and stairs.
- Lift and carry at least 75 pounds.
- Work around electrical equipment using proper safety procedures.