Human Resources Business Partner
Adesis Inc. – a subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a global leader in organic light emitting diodes – is a premier contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) accelerating our clients’ success in the biotech, pharmaceutical and specialty chemistry industries through our innovative chemistry and solutions.
Adesis Inc. encompasses almost 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory and manufacturing space in two U.S. locations – New Castle and Wilmington, DE, centrally located in the Mid-Atlantic biotech/pharmaceutical hub.
Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale-up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities, and our exceptional technical team prides ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.l
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is to accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions, and we offer promising careers in an inclusive work environment aligned with our values of innovation, ownership and integrity.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department. These tasks include but are not limited to the maintenance of HR SOPs, onboarding of new employees, retention of current employees, ensuring HR employee files are organized, and interpretation and review of HR laws, policies, and procedures. The successful incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, great attention to details, and be a self-starter with the ability to balance multiple projects without supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update employee records, both in company HRIS (ExponentHR) and physical files, with changes in employment status, salary adjustments, job changes, or any other information as required
- Respond to employee queries in a timely manner
- Maintenance of HR SOPs
- Organization of employee files
- Stay up-to-date and comply with HR laws, policies, and procedures
- Adhere to all corporate processes and reach out to the corporate office with questions as needed
- Maintain various state unemployment and tax account and records
- Conduct verification of employment and salary verification
- Extract pertinent information from the HRIS system and compile reports as needed
- Respond to all unemployment claims on time
- Responsible for working with corporate on the administration of company benefit programs such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, and other benefits
- Send the appropriate information to the benefits broker, CBIZ, regarding new enrollment, separations, life events, and address changes.
- Consults with employees on eligibility, provisions, and other matters related to benefits
- Maintains benefits records and documents
- Assists in the preparation of employee benefits brochures and other employee benefit communications
- Fidelity 401(k) administration. Adding new employees, updating records for leave and separation
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Degree in applicable field preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of and experience with HRIS systems (ExponentHR preferred) and data management
- Thorough knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations, compliance, and industry best practices
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint specifically)
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstration of the following core competencies: Insightful, Delivers Results, Thinks Holistically, Learns, Collaborates, Champions Change and Leads Others
We want you to start with us and retire with us.