Adesis, a Universal Display Company (Nasdaq: OLED), is a contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, biotech, specialty chemistry and electronic industries. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities. Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We have an exceptional technical team and pride ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is “Accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions” and our vision is “Innovate for life.” – innovate for our clients, our colleagues, and our legacy.
Adesis offers promising careers where we live our values of innovation, ownership, and integrity.
This position is responsible for assisting chemist in performing custom organic synthesis to make compounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purify and isolate synthesized molecules under the direction of a Chemist, Team Lead, or Program Manager up to 100 L scale
- Packages, weighs, samples, and labels finished and intermediate products following applicable procedures
- Assemble and Clean reaction glassware as needed
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment, such as reactors and large rotary evaporators
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area
- Maintains a chemistry synthesis notebook(s), batch record(s), and/or raw material list(s)
- Provide oral updates as requested
- Maintains current on all training curricula (Safety, Quality, Chemistry, and Administrative)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Management
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous process manufacturing experience, especially in an ISO/GMP environment, a plus
- Must be able to read and follow detailed instructions and procedures, and effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats to managers and co-workers
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Material handling devices (e.g., hand truck, for truck, and conveyors) are used when possible but use of proper lifting and movement techniques is necessary to prevent injury.