Adesis, a Universal Display Company (Nasdaq: OLED), is a contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, biotech, specialty chemistry and electronic industries. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities. Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We have an exceptional technical team and pride ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is “Accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions” and our vision is “Innovate for life.” – innovate for our clients, our colleagues, and our legacy.
Adesis offers promising careers where we live our values of innovation, ownership, and integrity.
Responsible for assisting chemists in performing various purifications of target compounds in a fast-paced research environment. Purification techniques include, but are not limited to preparative high performance liquid chromatography (prep HPLC), normal phase and reverse phase chromatography, and recrystallization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purify various small molecule reaction products with supervision
- Maintain purification instrumentation
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area
- Maintain chemistry notebook(s) and raw material lists
- Provide oral updates to supervisor(s) as requested
- Provides written weekly updates and final reports to supervisor(s)
- Submits compounds to analytical for purity analysis
- Characterize compounds using standard analytical methods, such as UHPLC/MS, NMR, GC/MS, with supervision
- Clean glassware as required
- Attend all relevant safety training
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to work well with other team members and independently
- Submit orders for chemicals to purchasing
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or other relevant field
- Industry experience 1-2 year is preferred
- Experience with HPLC and prep-HPLC instrumentation is preferred