Research Scientist (Flow Chemistry)
Adesis Inc. – a subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a global leader in organic light emitting diodes – is a premier contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) accelerating our clients’ success in the biotech, pharmaceutical and specialty chemistry industries through our innovative chemistry and solutions.
Adesis Inc. encompasses almost 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory and manufacturing space in two U.S. locations – New Castle and Wilmington, DE, centrally located in the Mid-Atlantic biotech/pharmaceutical hub.
Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale-up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities, and our exceptional technical team prides ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is to accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions, and we offer promising careers in an inclusive work environment aligned with our values of innovation, ownership and integrity.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of chemists and engineers to come up with creative continuous flow chemistry solutions to our client’s synthesis at discovery and manufacturing scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop flow chemistry methodologies and/or adapt batch process to continuous flow process for Adesis and our clients
- Independently, or collaborate with chemists and engineers, to propose synthesis route to target molecules
- Run reactions with no supervision, and perform subsequent isolation of target molecules
- Utilize laboratory analytical techniques (HPLC, GC, MS, NMR, …) to characterize reaction products. Analyze data to study reaction trends for optimization or mechanism elucidation
- Provide technical consulting to client and/or other departments within the company
- Works well in a diverse and cross-function team
- PhD in Chemistry or related field of study preferred. Masters with significant professional/academic accomplishments will be considered as well
- Demonstrated track record of success through peer review publications, conference presentations, and/or patents
- Experience in flow chemistry technology, including experience with mainstream commercial flow reactor systems, and custom built systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in flow chemistry reactions including photochemistry, heterogeneous catalysis, oxidation, organometallics, multi-step continuous synthesis
- Programing skills (MATLAB, Python, LabView,…) and / or experience with automation is preferred, but not required
- Delivers Results: Takes initiatives and delivers results; Challenges self and others to create value; Takes courageous decisions and balanced risks to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Insightful: Seeks deep understanding of stakeholders’/clients’ needs, motivations and behaviors, and translates them into insights to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Thinks Holistically: Understands the overarching impact of one’s own actions on other areas of the business; Looks for synergies inside and outside the organization to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Learns: Demonstrates curiosity and learns from the experience of success and failure; Proactively shares knowledge with others in order to affect continuous improvement.
- Collaborates: Develops trustful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the corporate goals and accelerate the strategy; Encourages and leverages diversity to improve outcomes.
- Champions Change: Seeks new opportunities to create value for our clients and Adesis; Supports the implementation and acceptance of change across the organization.
- Leads Others: Inspires, motivates, influences and coaches others to create value for our clients and Adesis; Creates a culture of accountability that provides space for colleagues to contribute to their fullest potential.
- Our highly competitive employee package offers medical, dental and vision benefits, which include:
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life, Disability and AD&D Insurance
- A generous time-off policy that includes up to twelve weeks of maternity/parental leave
We want you to start with us and retire with us.