Adesis, a Universal Display Company (Nasdaq: OLED), is a contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, biotech, specialty chemistry and electronic industries. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities. Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We have an exceptional technical team and pride ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is “Accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions” and our vision is “Innovate for life.” – innovate for our clients, our colleagues, and our legacy.
Adesis offers promising careers where we live our values of innovation, ownership, and integrity.
Responsible for performing custom organic synthesis to make compounds, solve synthetic problems, and related functions by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design reaction schemes with supervisor to prepare assigned targets
- Carry out multi-step/multi-scale reactions with no supervision
- Work-up, isolate and perform various purifications of target compounds independently
- Ability to propose efficient synthetic routes using mechanistic fundamentals
- Submit electronic orders for chemicals to purchasing
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area
- Maintain chemistry synthesis notebook(s) and raw material lists
- Provide oral updates as requested
- Provides written weekly updates and final synthetic reports to supervisor(s)
- Submits compounds to analytical department for purity analysis
- Characterize compounds with little to no supervision
- Clean glassware as required
- Attend all relevant safety training
- Performs other related duties as assigned
PhD in Chemistry or a Master of Science in Chemistry with at least 5 years of experience.
Technical and Specialized Equipment:
- Automate Chromatography Systems
- LC/MS ‘s
- Microwave reactor
- Hydrogenation equipment
- Distillation apparatus