Adesis Inc. – a subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a global leader in organic light emitting diodes – is a premier contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) accelerating our clients’ success in the biotech, pharmaceutical and specialty chemistry industries through our innovative chemistry and solutions.
Adesis Inc. encompasses almost 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory and manufacturing space in two U.S. locations – New Castle and Wilmington, DE, centrally located in the Mid-Atlantic biotech/pharmaceutical hub.
Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale-up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities, and our exceptional technical team prides ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is to accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions, and we offer promising careers in an inclusive work environment aligned with our values of innovation, ownership and integrity.
Responsible for performing custom organic synthesis to make compounds, solve synthetic problems, and related functions by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design reaction schemes with supervisor to prepare assigned targets
- Carry out multi-step/multi-scale reactions with no supervision
- Work-up, isolate and perform various purifications of target compounds independently
- Ability to propose efficient synthetic routes using mechanistic fundamentals
- Submit electronic orders for chemicals to purchasing
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area
- Maintain chemistry synthesis notebook(s) and raw material lists
- Provide oral updates as requested
- Provides written weekly updates and final synthetic reports to supervisor(s)
- Submits compounds to analytical department for purity analysis
- Characterize compounds with little to no supervision
- Clean glassware as required
- Attend all relevant safety training
- Performs other related duties as assigned
PhD in Chemistry or a Master of Science in Chemistry with at least 5 years of experience.
Technical and Specialized Equipment:
- Automate Chromatography Systems
- LC/MS ‘s
- Microwave reactor
- Hydrogenation equipment
- Distillation apparatus