Senior Process Chemist
Adesis, a Universal Display Company (Nasdaq: OLED), is a contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, biotech, specialty chemistry and electronic industries. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities. Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We have an exceptional technical team and pride ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is “Accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions” and our vision is “Innovate for life.” – innovate for our clients, our colleagues, and our legacy.
Adesis offers promising careers where we live our values of innovation, ownership, and integrity.
Responsible for route scouting, process development and manufacture of intermediates and target compounds. Lead a team of chemists various process development and scale-up projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design reaction schemes to prepare assigned targets with no supervision
- Run reactions and optimize synthetic steps to improve reaction yield and isolation methods.
- Purify crude products by precipitation, crystallization or distillation methods
- Establish in-process controls to result robust chemical processes
- Apply DoE and QbD methods for process optimization
- Apply PAT tools to design, analyze and control manufacturing processes
- Identify critical process parameters which effect critical quality attributes
- Maintain chemistry synthesis notebook(s) and batch records as applicable
- Provide oral and written updates to as requested
- Provides written weekly updates and final synthesis reports to supervisor(s)
- Characterize compounds with little to no supervision.
- Attend all relevant safety training and follow SOPs
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PhD inPhD in Chemistry
5-7 years of industry experience in chemical process development and manufacturing
Technical and Specialized Equipment:
- Automated Chromatography Systems
- EasyMax, PolyBlock
- Hydrogenation equipment
- Jacketed reactors