Adesis Inc. – a subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a global leader in organic light emitting diodes – is a premier contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) accelerating our clients’ success in the biotech, pharmaceutical and specialty chemistry industries through our innovative chemistry and solutions.
Adesis Inc. encompasses almost 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory and manufacturing space in two U.S. locations – New Castle and Wilmington, DE, centrally located in the Mid-Atlantic biotech/pharmaceutical hub.
Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale-up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities, and our exceptional technical team prides ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is to accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions, and we offer promising careers in an inclusive work environment aligned with our values of innovation, ownership and integrity.
We have an exciting opportunity at Adesis – the preparative separation of small molecules! The position is responsible for performing various purifications of target compounds using various methods, including, but not limited to preparative high performance liquid chromatography (prep HPLC), normal phase and reverse phase chromatography, and recrystallization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently design and implement separations methods to enable the isolation and purification of final compounds, and/or impurities
- Integrate state-of-art separations techniques and technologies into the Adesis Purification and Synthetic Chemistry Teams
- Develop integrated separation science activities by collaboration with the Adesis Chemistry and Analytical Departments
- Drive continuous improvement to enable improved process understanding to ensure ‘right first time’ operation of separation processes
- Represent Chemical Development Separations team in internal and external technical meetings
- Submit orders for chemicals to purchasing
- Highly skilled in maintaining analytical and purification instrumentation
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area
- Maintain chemistry notebook(s), logbooks, and raw material lists
- Provide oral updates to supervisor(s) as requested
- Provide written weekly updates and final reports to supervisor(s)
- Submit compounds to Analytical Team for purity analysis
- Characterize compounds using standard analytical methods, such as UHPLC/MS, HPLC/MS, NMR, GC/MS
- Clean glassware as required
- Attend all relevant safety training
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to work well with other team members and independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced research environment
- Minimum PhD in a Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or applicable field
- Separations experience in the pharmaceutical or separations science industry preferred
- Experience with small-scale and large-scale preparative separations using HPLC, normal phase, and reverse phase systems
- The ability to perform method development, scaleup separations, data analysis and basic instrument troubleshooting/maintenance
- Expertise in developing and optimizing separation processes to enable safe, rapid, and cost-effective isolation of key materials
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate analytical techniques for separations technologies
- Experience with a range of detection techniques including, but not limited to, UV, MS, and ELSD
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear and concise technical reports, presentations and supporting documentation
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant data, recognize patterns, and draw conclusions from disparate information streams
- Ability to lead through influence with internal and external scientific teams and all levels of management
- Expertise in the use of scientific databases and the chemical literature
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Experience using SFC, preparative HPLC, and flash column separations
- Delivers Results: Takes initiatives and delivers results; Challenges self and others to create value; Takes courageous decisions and balanced risks to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Insightful: Seeks deep understanding of stakeholders’/clients’ needs, motivations and behaviors, and translates them into insights to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Thinks Holistically: Understands the overarching impact of one’s own actions on other areas of the business; Looks for synergies inside and outside the organization to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Learns: Demonstrates curiosity and learns from the experience of success and failure; Proactively shares knowledge with others in order to affect continuous improvement.
- Collaborates: Develops trustful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the corporate goals and accelerate the strategy; Encourages and leverages diversity to improve outcomes.
- Champions Change: Seeks new opportunities to create value for our clients and Adesis; Supports the implementation and acceptance of change across the organization.
- Leads Others: Inspires, motivates, influences and coaches others to create value for our clients and Adesis; Creates a culture of accountability that provides space for colleagues to contribute to their fullest potential.
- Our highly competitive employee package offers medical, dental and vision benefits, which include:
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life, Disability and AD&D Insurance
- A generous time-off policy that includes up to twelve weeks of maternity/parental leave
We want you to start with us and retire with us.