Technical CRO Proposal Writer
Adesis Inc. – a subsidiary of Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), a global leader in organic light emitting diodes – is a premier contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) accelerating our clients’ success in the biotech, pharmaceutical and specialty chemistry industries through our innovative chemistry and solutions.
Adesis Inc. encompasses almost 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory and manufacturing space in two U.S. locations – New Castle and Wilmington, DE, centrally located in the Mid-Atlantic biotech/pharmaceutical hub.
Our business model provides clients with organic chemistry services in three areas: early-stage research, scale-up and development, and specialty manufacturing. We specialize in organic and organometallic synthesis, from milligrams to multi-kilogram quantities, and our exceptional technical team prides ourselves in our ability to solve challenging chemistry problems for our growing client base.
Adesis is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! Our mission is to accelerate our clients’ success through innovative chemistry and solutions, and we offer promising careers in an inclusive work environment aligned with our values of innovation, ownership and integrity.
Technical CRO Proposal Writer will take customer provided information along with reasonable assumptions and estimate the cost and pricing for customers request for proposal.
This position will then write the related bid proposals that will be issued to the customer through the sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will support the sales efforts related to the opportunities that they quote on as well as manage the relevant quote records in Teamwork and Salesforce.com.
With support from senior members of the chemistry and sales team on teleconferences with the client to confirm the technical aspects of projects are understood and costed appropriately.
Ensure adequate information has been received to prepare project costing and to liaise with chemistry and sales teams as appropriate.
Create chemistry schemes, estimate number of reactions and or steps, determine analytical methods and amount of materials required to complete the chemistry. Collaborate with procurement team to determine appropriate vendors to order raw materials and manage the delivery time when estimating time to complete project.
Responsible for drafting and completing the bid proposals using current templates to complete the bid proposals.
- PhD or Masters in Organic Chemistry is required
- 5 years of experience in chemistry lab work, running reactions and working with materials
- Thorough working knowledge with Scifinder and Chemdraw
- Applied analytical skills and strong organizational abilities
- Strong editing skills, both of others’ text and your own
- Dedication to quality and reliability in all work tasks
- Ability to manage relationships with internal customers
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure while maintaining accuracy, quality, and detail
- Knowledge of CRO/pharmaceutical industry or science background
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Experience using computerized information systems and standard application software (i.e., Windows, MS Office)
- Proficiency in a word processing environment
- High level of proficiency and comfort with Word
- Experience with PowerPoint, Sharepoint and MS Teams
- Delivers Results: Takes initiatives and delivers results; Challenges self and others to create value; Takes courageous decisions and balanced risks to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Insightful: Seeks deep understanding of stakeholders’/clients’ needs, motivations and behaviors, and translates them into insights to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Thinks Holistically: Understands the overarching impact of one’s own actions on other areas of the business; Looks for synergies inside and outside the organization to create value for our clients and Adesis.
- Learns: Demonstrates curiosity and learns from the experience of success and failure; Proactively shares knowledge with others in order to affect continuous improvement.
- Collaborates: Develops trustful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the corporate goals and accelerate the strategy; Encourages and leverages diversity to improve outcomes.
- Champions Change: Seeks new opportunities to create value for our clients and Adesis; Supports the implementation and acceptance of change across the organization.
- Leads Others: Inspires, motivates, influences and coaches others to create value for our clients and Adesis; Creates a culture of accountability that provides space for colleagues to contribute to their fullest potential.
- Our highly competitive employee package offers medical, dental and vision benefits, which include:
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life, Disability and AD&D Insurance
- A generous time-off policy that includes up to twelve weeks of maternity/parental leave
We want you to start with us and retire with us.