Meet the team you can trust with your chemistry.
How do we help pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty chemical clients accelerate their chemistry research and achieve ambitious manufacturing goals? As a chemistry contract research organization (CRO), Adesis partners with our clients to become an extension of their R&D teams. Following a culture anchored in ethics, integrity, safety and trust, our cadre of the most highly qualified chemists in the industry is known and respected for their expertise and openness to collaboration.
Our collaborative spirit and commitment to partnership starts at the top. Adesis leadership brings more than a century of chemistry and business experience to the table… along with their winning personalities, and tireless tenacity to solve every chemistry problem and serve the needs of every client they encounter.
President & Chief Executive Officer
“Adesis is one of the few businesses in the world that can turn challenging whiteboard concepts into physical products.”
- Steers the vision and growth of Adesis.
- Directs the Adesis mission to become the go-to chemistry CRO for clients looking for valuable scientific insights to accelerate their time to market for new products.
Post-doctoral, University of Delaware; PhD Organometallic Chemistry, University of Florida; BA Chemistry, BA Biochemistry, LaSalle University.
Linda Choi MacDonald
Chief Operating Officer
“Perfect innovation is an oxymoron. Innovation is having the courage to fail and the nerve to be non-consensus yet right.”
- Strengthen the strategy, operations and P&L of the CRO.
Executive Program, Stanford Graduate School of Business; BS Pharmacy, The Ohio State University
Head of Chemistry
“The difficult chemistry projects come to Adesis.”
- Directs all chemistry operations, a team of 100 chemists, and numerous client projects going on at any one time.
- Started at Adesis as a bench chemist in 2006. Background includes 32 years of technical and managerial responsibilities in animal health, drug discovery, and selective agricultural growth regulants as well as insect control agents.
PhD University of Pennsylvania; BS College of New Jersey.
Head of Commercial
- Oversees the building of infrastructure and roles to support the expansion of commercial capabilities for customer base and new partnerships.
- Responsible for growing sales, marketing and project management teams under one umbrella
BBA, Business Administration, Baruch College.
Head of Manufacturing
“As we grow (from a CRO) into a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), I see us leveraging those same critical elements – the depth of knowledge, the speed and the flexibility – but to start doing it on scale.”
- Guides the development of Adesis manufacturing capacity while ensuring structure support to meet growth needs now and in the future.
- Identifies ways to improve flexibility and capacity within Adesis facilities.
MS Industrial Operations Management, Lawrence Technological University
BS Chemistry, Eastern Michigan University
M. Blake Edwards
Head of Quality
“Patients and/or consumers are at the end of this, so quality is our most important piece.”
- Develops, oversees, controls and measures all quality related activities across all facets of research and development activities.
- Establishes and manages the pipeline of organizational best practices with innovation and continuous improvement intact.
Education: M.S. from University of Pennsylvania, MBA from Alvernia College, B.S. from The Pennsylvania State University
Head of Corporate Operations
“With so many hats, organization is my greatest strength in keeping things on-time and high-caliber.”
- Oversees building management of everything from HVAC, project planning and construction to purchasing, IT systems and safety.
- Supervises a team of nine, sets systems and policies in place that adhere to OSHA, EPA and chemical regulations.
AS Business Management, Goldey-Beacom College.
Head of Human Resources
“The workplace culture consists of teamwork, developing employees, driving great results and delivering quality products. There is also a real passion for science in everything we do.”
- Nurtures a culture of growth at Adesis by identifying talent and developing leaders.
- Supervises and provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, employee relations, training and development and workplace conflict resolution.
MBA Organizational Leadership, Healthcare Administration, BS Human Resources, Wilmington University