Meet the team you can trust with your chemistry.
How do we help pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty chemical clients accelerate their chemistry research and achieve ambitious manufacturing goals? As a chemistry contract research organization (CRO), Adesis partners with our clients to become an extension of their R&D teams. Following a culture anchored in ethics, integrity, safety and trust, our cadre of the most highly qualified chemists in the industry is known and respected for their expertise and openness to collaboration.
Our collaborative spirit and commitment to partnership starts at the top. Adesis leadership brings more than a century of chemistry and business experience to the table… along with their winning personalities, and tireless tenacity to solve every chemistry problem and serve the needs of every client they encounter.
“Adesis is one of the few businesses in the world that can turn challenging whiteboard concepts into physical products.”
- Steers the vision and growth of Adesis.
- Directs the Adesis mission to become the go-to chemistry CRO for clients looking for valuable scientific insights to accelerate their time to market for new products.
Post-doctoral, University of Delaware; PhD Organometallic Chemistry, University of Florida; BA Chemistry, BA Biochemistry, LaSalle University.
Chief Operating Officer
“Growing a business is about creating opportunities. Because when you grow something, the people who grow along with it have the opportunity to contribute to its success and to their families and communities.”
- Leads and optimizes Adesis operational capabilities, including strategic planning, training and marketing initiatives to maximize customer satisfaction in the areas of Custom Synthesis, Research & Development, Process Chemistry and Scale-Up, and Specialty Manufacturing.
Executive Education study at Wharton, Columbia and Kellogg Business Schools; BA Chemistry, Lafayette College.
Chief Scientific Advisor
“Our work is high-level science; it’s what we do.”
- Provides overall corporate counsel on science and business development matters.
- Scientific achievements include research in beta-lactams for problematic gram-positive pathogens, uridyl-peptide antibiotics for problematic gram-negative pathogens, and inhibitors of bacterial efflux pumps. Responsible for the discovery of a host of new anti-infectives.
Post-doctoral fellowships, University of Illinois and Harvard University. MS-PhD, University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana; BA Ohio State University.
Vice President of Chemistry
“The difficult chemistry projects come to Adesis.”
- Directs all chemistry operations, a team of 100 chemists, and numerous client projects going on at any one time.
- Started at Adesis as a bench chemist in 2006. Background includes 32 years of technical and managerial responsibilities in animal health, drug discovery, and selective agricultural growth regulants as well as insect control agents.
PhD University of Pennsylvania; BS College of New Jersey.
“I help Adesis look forward: for the blind spots, the trends, the what-if scenarios.”
- Protects the company’s assets; provides financial intel to drive business decisions.
- Joined Adesis in 2018, with a 20-year background in financial management and operations management for privately-held and publicly-traded companies as Controller, CFO, & COO.
BS Business Administration, Kutztown University.
Manager of Facility and Procurement
“With so many hats, organization is my greatest strength in keeping things on-time and high-caliber.”
- Oversees building management of everything from HVAC, project planning and construction to purchasing, IT systems and safety.
- Supervises a team of nine, sets systems and policies in place that adhere to OSHA, EPA and chemical regulations.
AS Business Management, Goldey-Beacom College.
Human Resources Director
“The workplace culture consists of teamwork, developing employees, driving great results and delivering quality products. There is also a real passion for science in everything we do.”
- Nurtures a culture of growth at Adesis by identifying talent and developing leaders.
- Supervises and provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, employee relations, training and development and workplace conflict resolution.
MBA Organizational Leadership, Healthcare Administration, BS Human Resources, Wilmington University
Director of Manufacturing
“As we grow (from a CRO) into a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), I see us leveraging those same critical elements – the depth of knowledge, the speed and the flexibility – but to start doing it on scale.”
- Guides the development of Adesis manufacturing capacity while ensuring structure support to meet growth needs now and in the future.
- Identifies ways to improve flexibility and capacity within Adesis facilities.
MS Industrial Operations Management, Lawrence Technological University
BS Chemistry, Eastern Michigan University
Our unswerving project managers keep open lines of communication throughout every project. Adesis clients hear from them at least weekly – with regular reports, prompt responses to every question and new solutions as required.
Morgan Bolden, PhD, PMP
Head, Project Management
“An all-PhD project management group is unique from other companies; we understand the technical aspect of projects while being able to marry that with the business aspects.”
- Runs the Project Management Office at Adesis, leading team of project chemists to respond rapidly to client needs. Ensures projects move forward while staying within scope, budget, and timeline.
- Started as Adesis lab chemist in 2013 before establishing project management group in 2018.
PhD Organic Chemistry, University of Virginia; BS Chemistry and Biochemistry/minor Mathematics, James Madison University
Tracy Brennan, PhD
“As a research scientist, I bring both technical and operational solutions to project problems.”
- Quotation specialist. Works very closely with many departments at Adesis such as Safety, Chemistry, Business and Procurement to provide a timely proposal with the best cost for their requested services.
- Represents Adesis at various Delaware community organizations such as the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce, Delaware Prosperity Partnership and Delaware Bio-Association.
PhD Organic Chemistry, University of Nevada; BS Chemistry/minor Mathematics, California State University-Sacramento.
Benjamin K. Liebov, PhD
“I create strategic solutions to client chemistry challenges.”
- Works directly with clients throughout a project by facilitating teleconferences, meetings, sending weekly updates and final report, and providing solutions to challenges that may arise.
- Sources materials, explores different synthetic chemical routes, and relays questions to the chemistry team regarding any type of chemical issue pertaining to the project.
PhD Chemistry, University of Virginia; BS Chemistry and BA English, Muhlenberg College.
Srimoyee Dasgupta, PhD
“I design projects keeping safety, viability, science, timeline and pricing in mind.”
- Responsible for managing clients’ projects and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Designs and develops safe and viable synthetic chemistry routes for assigned targets, and solves challenging chemistry problems.
PhD Chemistry, UD; MSc Chemistry w/honors, University of Delhi, India; BS Chemistry w/honors, St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi, India.
From the first meeting, Adesis makes an impression. With passion and great care, our sales team is determined to match every chemistry problem with the team that can solve it.
Senior Director of Business Development
“I’ve been on both sides of the table, as a sponsor and service organization, and can help both manage and avoid the chasm between them.”
- Helps clients understand the impact of their project problems, and how Adesis can advance their plans with expert chemists. Works collaboratively with Lisa Soliz to cover the needs of clients from the Rockies to the West Coast.
- Worked on team that discovered Ibrance (palbociclib).
MBA Michigan State University; MS Chemistry Eastern Michigan University; BS Chemistry, University of Michigan
Senior Director of Business Development
“With empathy, enthusiasm and experience, I help clients save time and find long-term solutions to their pain points.”
- Strategically identifies and develops business relationships that are synergistic with Adesis’ capabilities. Works collaboratively with Scott VanderWel to cover the needs of clients from the Rockies to the West Coast.
- As an Adesis ‘ambassador’ and client liaison, builds trust- and integrity-based relationships that help facilitate both teams to succeed.
BS in Biology and Chemistry, Rockhurst University.
Business Development Manager
“I manage existing customer relationships by staying very much in tune with the evolving needs of our clients.”
- Identifies new custom manufacturing and synthetic route optimization business opportunities through research and outbound prospecting, with a focus on non-GMP/pre-IND programs.
- Helps clients find comprehensive solutions to challenging chemistry problems in both pre-clinical pharmaceutical and specialty chemical industries.
- Supports clients in the Midwest, Southeast and Texas.
Magna Cum Laude from North Carolina State University; Honors BS in Chemistry, minor in Theatre Arts.
Senior Director of Business Development
“I stay in constant communication with my clients, work tirelessly to ensure that they receive expert chemistry solutions, and provide an unmatched customer service experience.”
- Develops business relationships and works closely with clients in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US to ensure their chemistry needs are being met with the highest-level standards.
- Started with Adesis as lab technician in 2014, then joined the business development team working with clients across the country before focusing on the Mid-Atlantic region.